TitleAbstractYear(sorted ascending)
enteropathogens associated with acute diarrhea in hospitalized infants.thirty-five infants of low socioeconomic status who were living in urban santiago were hospitalized for acute diarrhea were prospectively evaluated for the presence of enteropathogens associated with the episode. some degree of malnutrition was evident in 20 infants (57.1%); 15 of these (75%) were under 6 months of age. mean duration of the hospital stay was 11.8 days for well-nourished patients and 15.7 days for the malnourished patients. one or more enteropathogens were found in 60% of the cas ...19863007718
[frequency of infection with campylobacter jejuni/coli and the occurrence of igg, igm and complement-fixing antibodies against the agent in workers in poultry abattoirs in santiago, chile]. 19863825343
[prevalence of campylobacter jejuni/coli in personnel and animals of the zoo park of santiago. analysis of the pathogenic factors]. 19883205994
biotypes, serogroups and antibiotic susceptibility of campylobacter jejuni and campylobacter coli in chile.phenotypic markers were studied in 105 strains of thermophilic campylobacters isolated from human beings, animals and drinking water in santiago, chile. the strains were identified as campylobacter jejuni (n = 49) and campylobacter coli (n = 56). biotypes i and ii (lior schema) accounted for 96% c. jejuni isolates, the other 4% being biotype iv but the two biotypes of c. coli were about equally represented. a total of 28 serogroups (lior's heat-labile antigens) were identified. lior 13, 9, 79, 2 ...19902181024
[antimicrobial susceptibility of campylobacter jejuni isolates from stool cultures in santiago, chile].campylobacter jejuni is a common agent of enterocolitis in humans. campylobacteriosis has been recognized as a zoonotic disease whose reservoir is the intestinal flora of poultry. the reposition of fluid and electrolytes is the recommended treatment, and antimicrobials are required only in severe and/or in prolonged disease. given the emergence of resistance to drugs commonly used in the treatment of acute diarrhea, we studied the antimicrobial susceptibility of 73 strains of campylobacter jejun ...200920098784
Displaying items 1 - 5 of 5