TitleAbstractYear(sorted descending)
antimicrobial susceptibility and mechanism of quinolone resistance in campylobacter jejuni strains isolated from diarrheal patients in a hospital in tokyo.we determined the minimum inhibitory concentrations of six types of antimicrobial agents for 523 strains of campylobacter jejuni that were isolated from diarrheal patients in a general hospital in tokyo during the period between 2003 and 2005. it was revealed that 20.2%, 22.9%, 6.7%, and 0.6% of all the c. jejuni strains tested were resistant to ciprofloxacin (cpfx), nalidixic acid, ampicillin, and fosfomycin, respectively. all the strains were susceptible to clarithromycin and erythromycin. to ...200818936886
epidemiology of campylobacter jejuni isolated from patients with guillain-barré and fisher syndromes in japan.campylobacter jejuni isolation is the standard for the diagnosis of this type of bacterial infection, but there have been no epidemiological studies of a large number of c. jejuni isolates from patients with guillain-barre syndrome (gbs) and fisher syndrome (fs). for 13 years, stool specimens from gbs/fs patients have been sent from 378 hospitals throughout japan to the tokyo metropolitan institute of public health. a total of 113 strains (11%) were isolated from the stool specimens from 1,049 p ...200515634991
[evolution of susceptibilities of campylobacter jejuni isolated from diarrhoeal cases to fluoroquinolones in tokyo].recently, the increase in the number of resistant strains of campylobacter jejuni to fluoroquinolone has been reported in european countries. we also studied antimicrobial susceptibilities of 600 clinical isolates of campylobacter jejuni isolated during a 6 year period from 1989 through 1994 in four tokyo metropolitan hospitals. the susceptibility to 6 antimicrobial agents, norfloxacin (nflx), ofloxacin (oflx), ciprofloxacin (cpfx), nalidixic acid (na), erythromycin (em) and tetracycline (tc) we ...19969011115
[the serotype distribution of campylobacter jejuni strains among gastroenteritis in hospitals over 7 year period in tokyo].campylobacter jejuni strains isolated from gastroenteritis at 4 general hospitals of tokyo metropolitan during the period from 1981 to 1987 were serotype according to the slide agglutination test (tck system) developed by the tokyo metropolitan research laboratory of public health. two thousand four hundred seventy-nine strains isolated from sporadic cases among infants and children, 1,962 (78.5%) were typed by 33 typing sera numbered tck 1 through tck 33 and leaving 537 strains (21.5%) untypabl ...19902230367
[survey of mass incidences of diarrhea (15 cases) due to campylobacter jejuni in tokyo from 1979 to 1981]. 19836418837
Displaying items 1 - 5 of 5